Places in Fiordland we’d stay if we were visiting
We’ve put together a list of Fiordland accommodation options that should suit just about any type of traveler. These are places we know well and are very happy to recommend.
Don’t need bells and whistles?
- Te Anau Kiwi Holiday Park has the full range of camping and campervan options, and motel style accommodation in central Te Anau. From $139 per night its Park Motel rooms are great value for money plus they have a jumping pillow for the kids to play on!
- Anchorage Motel, Te Anau is another comfortable and affordable Te Anau accommodation option with well appointed rooms that won’t stretch the budget too far. At $151 per night, its one bed rooms offer space and comfort.
Willing to Pay a Little More For More Comfort?
- Radfords on the Lake, Te Anau, was named the AA Supreme Host of the year in July 2013. You’re sure of a warm welcome and well-appointed comfort at Radfords. From $299 per night a ground floor studio is a perfect option for couples.
- Blue Thistle Cottages, Te Anau are set in 10 acres of land just a kilometre out of town with great views of the lake and the mountains beyond it. For $235 per night you’ll get your own self-contained cottage with all mod cons.
Looking for something special?
- Whakatā in Fiordland Brand new authentic chalet-style accommodation combined with Whakatā wellness offerings; massage, yoga and mindfulness, just for you. A dream combination of rest and play in Fiordland. From $500 per night.
- Cinema Suites This is an Fiordland overnight experience like no other. Boutique luxury with a difference. Stylish design, bespoke interiors and handcrafted flourishes. Priced from $750 per night.
- Milford Sound Lodge also offers a little luxury set in the beautiful landscape that surrounds the lodge. With river, mountain and forest views that people write home about, these Chalets are booked out for months in advance for a reason. An experience not to be missed from $375 per night.
- Fiordland Lodge offers the discerning traveller style, comfort and privacy, yet is only five kilometers from the tourist township of Te Anau. Set on a superb site with commanding views out across Lake Te Anau this is a rural setting with rolling grass lands surrounding the Lodge. One of our favorites as we were married at this Lodge! Fiordland luxury starting at $820 per night.
Need a little help choosing your Fiordland accommodation? We are here to help. Contact us now.