Expertly guided wilderness fly fishing for the experienced angler
Venture beyond the usual and add Fiordland’s mighty Waiau River to your trout fishing resume.
Experienced angler looking for something a big different? Join Mark Wallace & his team for an extraordinary fishing adventure. Using custom-built jet boats to drift and access areas impossible to reach on foot, passionate anglers will relish the opportunity to battle the high numbers of aggressive trout this river is known for.
Your expert Kiwi guide knows the Waiau like the back of his hand – he’ll guide you to the secret fishing spots that are teeming with trout to fish to them from the beach or boat.
Why should keen anglers fish the Waiau River with Mark Wallace & team?
- It’s the ultimate opportunity to fish for the aggressive brown & rainbow trout Fiordland is famous for
- Fish that call the Waiau home are forgiving; they quickly settle after the jet boat has moved through an area with trout in it – allowing you to fish undisturbed trout very quickly
- The upper Waiau River is home to incredible evening rises nd Mayfly hatches
- Our dynamic, expert guides are ‘true blue’ Fiordland locals – you’ll relish your fishing experience with them
- Enjoy kiwi hospitality at its best. Our riverside crayfish and venison BBQ’s top off a stunning day
Sound like you? Visit the Distinctive Fishing Experiences site here.